Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pot Roast for the one I love

 

I do not have many heroes. For the ones I have, this is the dish I would prepare for them to showcase my cooking skills as well as show them my appreciation. Jen did not feel well today, she had a massive migraine that forced us to have to go to urgent care because it was that bad. She needed medical attention, and a comforting meal. She is definitely one of my heroes and I wanted her to have a comforting meal when the day wound down and kiddos were already sound asleep. The flavors of this pot roast were further concentrated after I made a roux and added the drippings from the meat and vegetables after they cooked for over two hours to make the gravy. I am very proud of this dish and discovered that my favorite way to cook is to braise a big old hunk of meat for a long time in a lot of wine. Enjoy!

DSCN0708DSCN0710

DSCN0718DSCN0722

No comments:

Post a Comment