Monday, October 10, 2011

Freaking Puerto Rican Stinking Rottiserie’d Pork Tacos!

 

IMAG0207IMAG0208IMAG0209IMAG0215IMAG0217IMAG0218IMAG0219

These are pictures of my “Puerto Rican” Rotisserie’d pork that I ended up using as taco filling. Unfortunately I did not get any pictures of the tacos after they were put together, because as soon as I made one they would vanish in someone's mouth! These were very good. The cut of meat I used was “Boston Butt”. To put it on the sword was difficult because there is a crazy bone running through it, and the sword would not penetrate all the way through, so I had to remove it and I stuck the meat that was around the removed bone on the side of the whole thing kind of like you see on the Gyro spits. Anyway it was marinated in cilantro, parsley, lots of paprika (paprika infused oil first pic below), and lots of garlic over night.

DSCN1075DSCN1076DSCN1077DSCN1078

The picture above of Rusty was taken as we waited impatiently for the thing to finish roasting, it smelled amazing! I will have to revisit this recipe again in the future, as good as it was I think I can tweak a little more flavor out of it by adding a few things to the marinade. Overall it made an outstanding taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment