Saturday, September 10, 2011

Holy Mackerel!

Shelter Island Fishing Pier, 0700, a man, his fishing pole and a weird guy with an axe. I caught 6 good sized Mackerel! I used what they call a Sibeki rig, which is just a jig with 4 hooks and squid as bait. Actually the weird guy with the axe gave me some Mackerel that he had as bait too and that seemed to work even better. Anyway it was the first time I caught anything at that pier so I was pretty happy. I ended up marinating the fish in soy, mirin, garlic, ginger and green onions then throwing it on the grill. Jen and I really enjoyed it! Bear woke up last night so we brought him down while we were eating and gave him some, I think he liked it too! I tried my best to clean the grill last night so it would not smell like fish but I don’t think it was enough. We will find out cause tonight im going to grill some Tri-tip and hopefully it does not come out fishy tasting or smelling. I might have to buy a small hibachi type grill on the side just for fish. So enjoy the pictures!

DSCN0788DSCN0789DSCN0790DSCN0791DSCN0793DSCN0803

DSCN0809DSCN0820DSCN0824

DSCN0828DSCN0829

No comments:

Post a Comment